Objectives & Project Background
A leading city based private bank approached Parkwell to assist them in the search for a new IT Director to assist them in streamlining their IT operations in line with the business objectives of the organisation.
The client required candidates with a strong background gained from Wealth or Institutional Asset Management. Our challenge was to conduct a search for an experienced IT leader to set strategic direction, and to lead, manage and motivate a combination of internal and outsourced IT teams. Parkwell were briefed that the role would require a senior IT professional, well-versed at working alongside board level colleagues in order to plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities.
Sourcing candidates with experience of delivering IT change and focused leadership withing a Private Bank or Wealth Management organisation was a key driver for our client.
Parkwell exercised its extensive experience, knowledge and expertise to source a permanent IT Director with:
- Experience of IT management gained within the private banking sector or private client fund management.
- A proven track record of building and leading high-performance teams, including appointing and directing managers of such teams.
- Extensive experience of contract negotiation and supplier selection.
- Experience of working within an outsourced IT framework.
- Highly developed negotiation skills and strong awareness of commercial and contractual terms.
In order to meet our client’s brief, Parkwell Search & Selection conducted a focused headhunt targeting a range of suitable organisations within the private banking and wealth management fields in order to pinpoint suitable applicants. Having identified and secured interest in the role, we conducted rigorous attitudinal-based interviews in order to determine candidate suitability. We successfully placed a high calibre applicant with strong sectoral and IT leadership credentials.