Objectives & Project Background
The client is a privately owned international agricultural business within a major conglomerate, with operations around the world managed from a Head Office in London. The recruitment of Finance Directors in companies of £500m-£2bn turnover is a particular expertise of our team, as we have handled almost 20 such roles in the past decade.
Following the promotion of the previous job-holder there was a need to recruit a first-class commercial and technical professional to lead a UK-based team and to liaise with operating team (business general management and line-finance) in various international locations.
- Ensuring that the finance function supported development of business strategy in an effective fashion.
- Providing overall leadership for the finance function to ensure timely, accurate and insightful internal and external reporting.
- Supporting the transformation of the business through leadership of acquisition and divestment.
- Development of the business’s internal Treasury function.
- Liaison with internal and external parties, such as internal audit and lawyers/accountants.
Parkwell Search and Selection conducted an Advertised Selection Process with the aim of drawing a wide selection of candidates. This project involved screening approximately 70 applications, and reducing that to a longlist of 12 who were rigorously interviewed and assessed. This resulted in a shortlist of 6 senior Finance professionals with the desired experience and skills required to deliver success. The client made a successful appointment from our shortlist.